Theodore H. Epp
Prophecy is given by God to foretell future events. Throughout the Scriptures, written over a period of 1600 years, the Holy Spirit has revealed one co-ordinative plan of the future. Jesus told His disciples that one of the reasons for prophesying was that when an event which He had foretold occurred, they would believe that He was the Son of God. Peter further enlightens us by telling us that prophecy is "a light that shineth in a dark place, until the day dawn, and the day star arise in your hearts" (II Pet. 1:19).
Often prophetic subjects have become the theme of speculation. In speculating, men have gone beyond the purpose of prophetic Scriptures. I believe that the most helpful way to study prophecy is outlined for us in Revelation 1:3. "Blessed is he that readeth, and they that hear the words of this prophecy, and keep those things which are written therein: for the time is at hand." Three distinct steps are mentioned: First, read; second, give heed; third, remember. Nothing is said about speculating or prophesying.
This book is by no means an exhaustive study of the great prophetic subjects. Rather, it presents a brief outline of things to come. It should serve as a light in a dark place for those who believe and as a definite warning to those who who have thus far rejected Christ as Saviour. It should move the Christian to take action for His Lord and should move the unsaved to accept Christ as their Saviour. "Knowing the time, that now it is high time to awake out of sleep: for now is our salvation nearer than when we believed. The night is far spent, the day is at hand: let us therefore cast off the works of darkness, and let us put on the armour of light" (Rom. 13:11,12).
--Theodore H. Epp
| 1. A Brief Summary of What We May Expect (Keith L. Brooks)
2. The Restoration of Palestine (M.R. DeHaan)
3. The Great Prophecy of the Seventy Weeks (H.A. Ironside)
4. The Rapture and the First Revelation (William L. Pettingill)
5. The Tribulation (H.A. Ironside)
6. Daniel's Seventieth Week (Theodore H. Epp)
7. Rewards (Norman H. Camp)
8. How Will Christ Judge the Nations? (William L. Pettingill)
9. The Millennium (C.I. Scofield) (under construction)
10. Doomsday (Theodore H. Epp) (under construction)
11. The Future State (C.I. Scofield) (under construction)