Welcome to Prophecy Forum, a Christian web site dedicated to bringing you the very best in Biblical prophecy, eschatology, and end-time studies. With the increases in worldwide droughts, floods, fires, and other weather and non-weather related
catastrophes many are sounding the alarm over food shortages and food price increases. Therefore we have prepared information that will help you prepare for unforeseen emergencies.
Bulk Food Storage
- Clothing iron that will heat to 300 degrees F.
- Pint Mason Jar with new lid
- 14" board 1"-2" wide
- 10 - 5 Gallon (20"x30") Mylar Bags & 10 - 2,000cc Oxygen Absorbers for Dried Dehydrated and Long Term Food Storage Click Here To Order Bags and Absorbers
- White 5 Gallon Plastic Buckets 90 Mil Heavy Duty - All these White 5 gallon plastic buckets are made with FDA approved food grade plastic resin, which makes them safe for most applications for storage of food or drink. Click Here To Order Buckets
- Gamma Seal Lids - Made of High Density Polyethylene (BPA Free) Fits all Standard 3.5 gal,5 gal and 6 Gallon Pails and Buckets.
The Gamma Seal Lid converts a plastic bucket or plastic pail into a unique reusable plastic container. These Heavy duty bucket lids are made of high density polyethylene (HDPE)Food Grade Plastic material, which creates a leak-proof and completely airtight seal. Click Here To Order Lids
- Bulk storage product (See the second link below for ideas on what items you can store and approximately how many pounds each bucket will hold.)
Start with a five-gallon food grade bucket and the silver FDA approved Mylar
liner bags which are 4.3 millimeters thick and 20" x 30". (These can be ordered
by clicking on the links above.)
- Preheat your clothing iron to 298 degrees F. (Have your bucket close to the iron or use an extension cord).
- Open the mylar bag and line your 5-gallon bucket.
- Fill your bucket within about 1-1/2-2 inches from the top of the bucket. If you use the gamma
seal lid you will need more space as it seats deeper into the bucket. If you'll be going in and out of
the product, you might want to use the gamma seal lid, if not a regular lid with a gasket can be
hammered into place. Make sure it has a gasket in the lid.
- For your "ironing board" cut a piece of wood a few inches longer than your bucket. It should be
at least 1" or 2" wide.
- After filling the bucket, lay the mylar bag over your "ironing board" and press your iron
along the board sealing the bag. Leave a few inches at the end to place one of your 2000 cc oxygen absorbers
before you seal the bag.
Make sure the edges of the bag are even and all lines are out of the bag. Make sure there are no
vertical lines running through the seal as this will leave a tunnel for air to enter.
- Then press the bag down removing as much oxygen as possible before you finish sealing the
remainder of the bag.
- If the bag is sealed properly you should be able to press down and not hear oxygen escaping
or either pick up the bag by the seal and the seal should hold. If not redo the seal.
- Either screw the gamma seal on tightly or hammer your lid down onto the bucket. You will be
able to feel the lid sealing when hammering. Don't be afraid to hammer the lid into place.
- Store your buckets in a cool, dark storage area or pantry. The cooler the better, 70 degrees F.,
or even better down to 60 degrees F.
- If you have bought a pack of oxygen absorbers and you are only filling one or two buckets,
you will need to quickly store these in a container such as a Mason jar with a new lid so it will not let the
oxygen absorbers lose their potency. If they are sealed properly the oxygen indicator will stay red
(valid), and if not, it will turn blue (invalid). If you have several buckets have everything set up and ready
so that your oxygen absorbers will not be out for more than a few minutes.
Copyright © 2001-2012, ProphecyForum.com, All Rights Reserved Worldwide.